Monday, June 1, 2009

News from the sandbox

Just before Memorial Day weekend there was a incident there. We were unable to hear from our son for about a week. We were so worried about him. I was worried,but Dad took it in stride. You Mothers know how it is to worry over our children even when they are grown. Finally we received a message from him and all is well. Thank you,Jesus!! I know alot of families don't get to hear from their soldiers for longer periods than this. I was truly thankful to hear from him and to know all is well. As his time in the sandbox goes on, I'm sure we will have periods of not hearing from him for long periods. I just pray that God helps me to get through this deployment. Daron has always been around home and not one to venture out as much as other young men. He had never traveled anywhere far away by himself. I just really have to trust that God is looking after my Daron.

No comments: