Sunday, February 15, 2009

Snow Twice in the same year


We got snow twice this year so far. I do love to watch it fall. One of my favorite pasttimes is sitting at the window or front door with a cup of coffee or hot chocolate and just watching the flakes fall. I love it when it is just snow. The sleet and all can just wait for another day. I remember as a child being at my Grandmothers house, she would go out with me and catch snowflakes on our tongues. Then after our time playing around. We would gather snow and take it back into the house. She would then go about making the best snow cream. She had these aluminum glasses that we would eat the snow cream out of. Those were some of the best days ever! Here is a picture of one of the days of recent snow we had. I love this big old magnolia tree. It looks like a gigantic Christmas tree to me. It is just beautiful! I do like the snow but I enjoy the spring and summer much more. Can't wait until I get to plant some new flowers!

No comments: